Sunday, July 4, 2010

Something To Ponder

I watched the 25 years of Dollywood special on Hallmark last night.

Shut up! I love Dolly, she's an awesomely sweet and talented lady, plus how can you not love someone like her? She's open and honest about herself. Good on ya Dolly!

What really got me was when Dolly did her duet with her god-daughter Miley Cyrus. They sang Jolene, and it made me rethink how I felt about Miley.

She's got a voice, but I really don't think she should be singing pop music in the vein of Britney etc. She really should stick with country pop, a'la Taylor Swift and Gloriana. When she sings that, she sounds natural.

There isn't a full clip of the performance up, but I did find an E! clip with a snippet of the duet.



Miley, give up pop and go country where you belong!

2 comments:

Molly Bandit said...

on hearing that duet, I'm pretty sure that Dolly and Miley would feasibly go after the same man.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Dolly would get him though :) That special seriously made me long to go to Dollywood as long as Miley wasn't there.