Friday, November 12, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different

Let me start by saying that this isn't for everyone. It's pretty unlike anything I've ever heard, even though I like to think I'm pretty well-versed in my music. Although I've come to find that my friends prove that wrong almost daily, but I digress. The point is, don't ever say that no one's doing anything different in music these days.

The name is Suavity's Mouthpiece, hailing from my very own college campus. And you can listen right here, and if nothing else, do it out of sheer curiosity.

The best way to describe the sound is big band merged with post-punk with some electronica thrown in, and a crooning singer. It's interesting and a good time.

You know what else was a good time? Seeing Suavity's Mouthpiece perform on campus Tuesday night. Mainly the singer, Justin Trafford, backed by friends from school since the usual band couldn't make it. It was one of the more interesting and fun performances I've seen, and definitely not your typical acoustic and mellow coffeehouse performance.

Also of interest: they have a new single coming out tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be posting about that, too, especially since my own blog is down for the moment. What's a blog-hungry girl to do?

Require Suavity's Mouthpiece.

No comments: