Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

An meme about how this wench spends "the holidays"


1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
This wench doesn't travel, and with the way the whole system is looking right now, I wouldn't travel if I had to, and that goes for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Right now I'm glad everything is done at my house.


2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
Mom and I budget what we need to get for the meals. I do the shopping. I do most of the cooking now too. Mom does the supervising.

3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day? Thanksgiving dinner is usually mid-afternoon, between 1 and 2 pm, because some of the family visit other people throughout the day.
4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
.The Macy's Parade!!!

5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
Zzzzzzz

6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?I avoid it like the plague! I worked retail for many years and wild horses couldn't drag me to a store on Black Friday!

7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
If I'm lucky, within the first two weeks of December, though there's usually one gift that I forget and I have to scramble at the last minute.


8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
No significant other here, so this isn't a problem

9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
If I'm lucky the day after Thanksgiving! I love to get an early start on the festivities!


10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
Very simple. We have a bunch of cats, and well..we wouldn't want to see too many things get broken.  It's hard enough keeping them out of the tree!

No comments: