Sunday, January 17, 2010

Brief thoughts on the Golden Globes

Brief thoughts on the Golden Globes

Hello, my name is Molly, and I am an awards show junkie. Since I've been sick this week and am still working on forming coherent paragraphs, here are some snippets of thoughts I had during this year's Golden Globes.

  • How the hell is Sherlock Holmes a "Comedy and/or Musical"?!?
  • Sandra Bullock for Blindside winning over Precious just seems wrong.
  • Is it just me, or was Ricky Gervais a lot less caustic than he should've been? Did NBC reign him in after his recent Conan appearance?
  • Shocked but happy that Inglorious Bastards took one home.
  • Fuuuuuck I wish either ChloĆ« Sevigny hadn't been in an HBO series or that I hadn't watched Brown Bunny.
  • Seeing John Lithgow means I'm going to devote a column to Ricochet in the near future.
Anyone have any more gracefully worded observations to add?

No comments: