Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dating Sites Annoy Me

Dating Sites Annoy Me

I despise all the commercials for sites like Match.com and EWhoremony...erm Eharmony.com. I do realize that people have hooked up via the internet, but I really feel that more harm is done rather than good.

Because the reality of it all is "People LIE!"

It would be nice if we all lived in the world in Invention Of Lying, but we don't and I've always found that the internet is the easiest place to lie to people.

I'm not saying everyone is a predator. But I think a good part of really deciding if a person is right or at least sane enough to go out with is removed by filling out questionnaires.

Do any of us ever answer those things honestly?

I mean some parts of it we do, but other parts...don't we give the answers we hope people want to hear? We do that in regular life, and the computer makes those white lies safer.

Then you get the people that just want sex without the benefit of dinner and a movie...a few times..

I know I'm probably not in the norm, but I generally find dating sites to be nothing more than a legal form of prostitution and those of you giving it up aren't even getting paid!

Maybe I'm just too cynical. Maybe I've been burned a few too many times, via my own stupidity, but these sites just don't ring true to me and I know that finding people to date is hard, especially after college. Its kinda like if you don't get married then, you are screwed and if wait until you're in your 30s or later (like I am) the baggage that comes with the person you are dating could be a lot more than you'd like to handle. (ie: kids and ex wives).

This is why I gave up a few years back when I got burned by a doofus DJ that wasn't sure if he was going to cheat on his girfriend/wife (not really sure what she is) with me, and then decided not to...finally informing me after 5 months of flirtation that there was someone he was involved with.

Yeah.

Relationships..

BLERGH!

No comments: