Monday, January 4, 2010

Meet Straight No Chaser


Meet Straight No Chaser

My mum is a PBS junkie and I end up with some odd musical obsessions thanks to that. A few weeks back she had the station on for a bit and the Straight No Chaser Christmas concert was on.

I fell in love.

For those of you that haven't had the chance to experience the band, Straight No Chaser are a group of men, 10 in all, that sing acapella.

If you need an idea of what they sound like, think Rockapella meets Michael Buble.

They are definitely a band worth hearing, whether they are doing pop songs from the likes of Queen or Jason Mraz to holiday music. (They have two Christmas albums)

I never thought I'd hear an acapella band than I enjoyed as much as Rockapella (who I discovered while watching Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiago), but I have.

I'm kinda peeved that they are playing the Byham in April. Not because the show is on a flipping Wednesday but because I fear the ticket prices.

If you want to give them a try, go to their official site. I recommend listening to I'm Yours/Somewhere Over The Rainbow, The Christmas Can Can and Africa.

Prepare to be dazzled.

No comments: