Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Tonight Showdown

The Tonight Showdown

Well, someone was bound to say something eventually, right? Plus Conan comes on in 20 minutes & I want to see how much he shits all over NBC tonight. If it's anything like last night, we're in for a good time.

Leno's ratings aren't too great, NBC wants to move him to 11:35 & push Conan & Jimmy Fallon both back a half hour, blah blah blah. Conan's being particularly vocal about it. Now, at first I didn't really care - I'll watch Conan no matter when he's on - but now that he's spoken up officially, I am inclined to pay a little more attention. He has every right to be mad. And is it just me, or if Jay Leno was basically anyone else would NBC just have canceled outright instead of playing with time slots everyone's already all to used to?

NBC probably stands more to lose if they don't comply with Conan, especially judging by the internet backlash already. God bless the internet for making pop culture issues completely explode. The internet is probably one of those most interesting things here, because Twitter quite literally exploded with cries of Team Conan after his statement today.

Arguably the most artistic & interesting expression of all this?



That's right. imwithcoco.com.

P.S. I got Ben Folds tickets! I know, no one cares.

No comments: