Monday, April 19, 2010

Later Alligator (Revisited): Wheeling, WV


This past Saturday, my friend Jen and I stopped by Later's down at Central Market again to try some different crepes.

Once again I was wowed by the total awesomeness of the food at this tiny little place. I had a Southwestern concoction, whose name I can't remember, Jen had Pesto Chango. You have to love the "Pun-y" names the place gives to the food.

My crepe was full of egg that seemed to lay right against the pancake, omelette style, white rice, black beans and salsa. The combination was wonderful. It certainly wasn't anything I'd come up with to fill a crepe, savory or otherwise.

Its impossible to leave without sampling a dessert crepe, and of course, we did. This time our crepe was filled with unsweetened ricotta cheese and topped with fresh berries and powered sugar. It was light and fluffy and full of the "Om nom nom nom...AHHHHHHs."

Later's offers up many sandwiches as well, most are bigger than the customer's head, but its so hard to get past those crepes! Plus the crepes are pretty reasonable @ $7.95. Two people can eat crepes have a soda and split a dessert crepe for around $30.00. Not a bad deal. Plus, there just aren't many restaurants that specialize in sweet and savory crepes. These aren't your IHOP pancakes (and I have nothing against IHOP).

The other thing I love about this restaurant is the mascot; Aldo Gator. How can you not love a 'gator who wear's Converse?



So if you happen to be in Wheeling, and you're hankering for a fantastic pancake, you have to to the 'gators! After all the motto is "Eat Or We Both Starve!"
Later Alligator on Urbanspoon

No comments: