Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Turn Off Week


This week is TV Turn Off Week. What is that? Its a week of no TV thought up by a bunch of idiots that think TV is bad and is rotting our minds, making us fat and a host of other nefarious things.

Its funny. The way my TV schedule is, I could actually do it, as most of my shows are in reruns right now.

HA!

Have a look at the website for TV Turnoff Week here.

Now I'm not saying that the idea is bad, but the group itself are a bunch of wingnuts. Eliminate TV?

I'm sorry there's not that much amusing stuff to do in my neck of the woods. Plus some of their suggestions don't fit into a busy person's life. I don't know about you but when I get home from work I'm usually tired.

Here are some work week suggestions of things to do when you have your TV shut off.

1. Catch up on your sleep.

2. Visit a library and then READ!

3. Clean the house.

4. Take the family out to dinner.

5. Teach your kids to do the laundry, so that you can do more of #1.

6. Turn on the radio and try to discover some music that isn't crap!

7. Do some gardening.

8. Get to the gym.

9. Discover how long it takes for a family conversation to turn into a family argument.

10. Read the TV listings to see what you are missing because you have to TV shut off this week.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Well-intentioned, possibly poorly-executed. I watch little TV as it is, & I don't let TV dominate my life or (usually) interfere with other things. Plus, are things like Hulu considered a loophole here?

Besides, nothing, & I mean NOTHING, is going to make me miss Lost.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I don't trust anything suggested by wingnuts..and upon seeing this site, Its very obvious they are wingnuts of the Sarah Palin variety..and we only need one of her.

Janelle said...

In an interesting turn of events, we move out of the dorms next week & since our TV is huge & my roommate & I aren't, her boyfriend took it when he picked her up today.

Guess that makes me an unwilling participant of extreme proportions?