Monday, April 19, 2010

The More I Watch, the More I Like

Anyone else watch V? And if so, is it just me or does it seem like it gets better every week? Like it's getting more & more intense. As well it should be. I mean, really, we're talking about crazy aliens, here.

I admit, I didn't watch the original. For starters, I'm too young. And even though SciFi (I will NOT call it SyFy because it's dumb) aired the whole thing back in the fall, it was bad timing for me & even though my little brother watched basically the whole thing, I didn't have that luxury. But I will get to it eventually. I've heard some complaints that too much is different or they're moving way too fast, but I imagine it's a little difficult to take something that was more of a mini-series & adapt it for an hour-long weekly TV show.

I just liked the fact that it's pretty solid science fiction. It's also pretty clear that ABC is trying to get Lost fans on board, but most of us - unless we have reason not to - get on the internet or talk to anyone else nearby who will listen. Anyway, there's a lot to like with V. It's about aliens but the aliens are all pretty attractive, so it doesn't feel like you're watching an alien show. Plus there's plenty of personal drama & violence. Most bases are covered, here.

I also love that we've had more than one Firefly cast member, & that Krycek from The X-Files is making guest appearances at the moment. I want more of him. I love seeing Nicholas Lea playing a character that's not a villain (or at least, doesn't seem to be).

I'm interested to see where it's going & how long they can make it last.

No comments: