Sunday, May 9, 2010

Old Bay Shrimp Fest

So I've been slacking off blog-wise and have some fuel for upcoming rants and reviews. But right now I want to do a recipe share. I found this on All Recipes, and it's freaking delicious.

Prep time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves 8

Ingredients
1 cup Old Bay® Seasoning
2 tablespoons salt
4 quarts water
1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
8 red potatoes, quartered
2 large sweet onions, cut in wedges
2 pounds lean smoked sausage, cut in 2-inch lengths
8 ears fresh corn, broken in half
4 pounds large shrimp in shells

Directions
In an 8-quart pot, bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil. Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.

Add smoked sausage to potatoes and onions; continue to cook on high for 5 minutes. Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes. Add shrimp in shells, cook for 4 minutes.

Drain cooking liquid. Pour contents of pot into several large bowls, shallow pails or mound on a paper-covered picnic table. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay if desired.

Notes
So I adjusted the recipe a little bit, upping the Old Bay to 1 cup (the original called for 1/2). I also used regular frozen cocktail shrimp, as I couldn't bare to look the shelled shrimp in the face. My beer of choice was Sam Adams Boston lager.

No comments: