Friday, May 28, 2010

Sometimes I Really Hate Earworms

My good friend Jennifer was talking about having Lady Gaga's Bad Romance stuck in her head, thanks to a little to much Glee. I in turn have Paparazzi stuck in mine, for reasons I have yet to figure out

This is not a song I want stuck in my head. I'm not a huge fan of Lady Gaga. Her music is ok, but she's a little too much show and not enough substance for me. She does have one thing going for her though, she's mastered the art of the earworm.

Let's face it. If you write a song that can get stuck in someones head for days, you must be doing something right, even if it is being the most obnoxious performer on the planet.

I don't know what it is with me and earworms, but I seldom get songs that I like stuck in my head. Its usually a song I can't stand and would like to find a can of brain bleach to pour between my ears in hopes of erasing the stain of the song permanently from my memory. Sadly, no one sells brain bleach. So I'm stuck with Gaga for likely the next 5 days.

I'm just thankful its nothing worse. The last time I had an earworm like this it was Bleeding Love, and that song made my ears bleed.

What was the worst earworm you've been afflicted with?

4 comments:

Janelle said...

"Bad Romance" embeds itself in my brain a lot, very easily. It makes it so, so hard to defend my semi- anti-Gaga position when I can't stop humming her songs.

Molly Bandit said...

Gaga has some really harsh earworms, but the worst I've heard was J Geils Band's "Centerfold."

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh no....nooooooo....my blood runs cold.....damn...2 cheesy bad songs now.

Malcolm said...

I've been fortunate enough not to be afflicted with an earworm. For whatever reason, I am able to tune out songs I cannot stand such as "American Pie" and "Never Say Goodbye".