Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Restaurant Bucket List

I love food. I love going out to eat, hence the waistline that keeps expanding, damn and blast.

That doesn't stop me from wanting to experience some great restaurants. Here are some of the places I want to eat at but haven't.

Century Inn - Scenery Hill, PA. This restaurant has been standing since 1794. It used to be Hill's Tavern. I know its terribly expensive but its the one place that I absolutely long to experience at some point in time.

Dave and Buster's: C'mon, I don't care if its a chain. Its Chuck E. Cheese for adults! I've always loved this kind of atmosphere. I want to go!!

P.F. Changs: Again, I've never been and yet there is one @ The Waterfront. I think the lure of Rock Bottom Brewery probably is the main reason I haven't been to this place.

30 East Main - Uniontown, PA: This is another restaurant that I never get to because of the lure of another favorite. When I'm in Downtown Uniontown, Meloni's always calls to me and it almost always wins too.

Bar Louie There are two Bar Louies in Pittsburgh and I've managed to not go to either of them, but not for want of trying.

Majorca: I've never tried real Spanish food and I've heard wonderful things about this place I know I could only afford to go at lunch time, but I think it would be well worth the expense, the menu sounds fantastic.

My list could go on for ages, there are dozens of restaurants in Pittsburgh I'd love to try if I had the time and money to do so. I really would love to try Thai food, and there are some great restaurants in the Strip that I would love to frequent.

What restaurants are on your list of places to try?

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Most unfortunately, 30 East Main is gone. Went out of business. Which sucks, because it was probably my favorite place in town.

My brother's been to both Dave & Buster's & PF Chang's, & I'm older & haven't been to either. What the hell. Although to be fair I'm a vegetarian & PF Chang's probably doesn't have much for me.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I would think PF Chang's would have lots of veg dishes unless you're vegan. I know our piddly crap Chinese restaurant in the 'roi does.

I'm very sad about 30 East Main being gone :( But you guys still have Melonis and that place kicks ass.