Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Things I Learned About Cars

I have been in the market for a new car for a long time. If not a new car, a nice used one will do.

Well the other day I found an article on cars on my start page. It was titled 16 cars Under $16,000. You can read it here.

I can sum up the article for you.

If you want a car that isn't going to cost you your first born. The cars aren't going to have fancy schmancy features. They will likely have engine noise. Guys or in the know gals, is this a good thing or a horrid thing? I don't know. Or like the Aveo, my compact of choice right now, have so so performance.

Ah well.

What have I learned from this stuff?

You obviously get what you pay for. If you want a cheaper car you have to sacrifice options.

Guess what people? I'm more than willing to do that. I want a car that runs! It doesn't even have to be cute.

I just want a car!

2 comments:

Molly Bandit said...

I'm not super into cars, but I think engine noise is more of an annoyance than anything serious. The two things I'd be looking for is gas mileage and a brand that doesn't have to be taken to a specialized mechanic. Everything else I guess would depend on personal preference. Example: if I were in the market for a used car, I'd be willing to sacrifice an air conditioner but not a sound system, but I know that'd be a no-deal for other people.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I was surprised that a CD player isn't standard in the Aveo which made me super sad, as its one of the compact cars that are in my price range. The stereo however add a crazy amount of money. AC is no big deal for me, but is necessary if I have to take my parents anywhere...