Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sometimes Doctor Who Baffles Me

I've been watching Who as it airs in the UK, so apologies if I spoil things for those of you in the US that are watching the episodes that are cut to ribbons by BBC America.

In the last Weeping Angels epi, Amy Pond goes all leg humpy on The Doctor, for no good reason.

I realize that the New Who Crew likes to have a romantic element in the show but it should at least make sense. I know it makes it easier for them to work Rory back into the show, which leads me to another gripe which started back with Rose. Why do the female companions have to have wishy washy boyfriends that have to become companions of the sort later on?

Its very easy to fall in love with the Doctor. No matter what face he has, there's something romantic about the time and space travel that will make women go all leg humpy, but why can't the companions be strong single women? That's why in recent years, Donna Noble is the companion I liked most. When she found The Doctor, she wasn't involved and she was ready to go with him.

Much the same can be said for Amy Pond, but they had to give her a love interest so they could work more companions in the show. I'll at least give Rory credit, he's not stupid, he's just not a go getter like Amy.

The only thing that could be worse than the wussy boyfriend companion woudl be two female companions...cos then it would turn into a Who orgy...all that leg humping. Mind you, I wouldn't mind humping the leg of any of the last 4 Doctors, but that's another story altogether.

No comments: