Thursday, May 13, 2010

speaking of bucket lists...


So Moody's post about bucket list restaurants made think of my own personal bucket list. I found some old notebooks from five to ten years ago, and it's neat to see what I've crossed off so far from those lists:

  • saw six bands on my "ultimate concert" list, including No Doubt, Joan Jett, and "a full set of Ben Folds" (not accomplished until show #4, actually)
  • met Ben Folds and wrote a fan letter to Francesca Lia Block
  • went to New York and California
  • bought Fear of Pop (really, 18 year old self? that took five minutes on Amazon)
  • formed a band that performed in front of people
  • wrote for a music magazine
  • finished a screen play
  • worked as a baker (this was actually a goal of mine in elementary school. I sorta kinda did this for six month, and it wasn't enjoyable)
  • "make money from making a movie." Granted it was third place in a film festival, but it still counts, dammit.
  • made a speech that "people really liked."
  • played Columbia in Rocky Horror
  • thanked my two favorite authors for writing my two favorite books
  • used "Buddy Holly" in my wedding
  • "Fight Nazis" - I'm sure that goal was written with a literal sense (as in face-punching), though the actual action was more peaceful and legal.
  • "learn to like Bob Dylan"
  • learned to swim, not awesomely but enough not to drown
I'm thinking about a part 2 to this, but until then, what have you crossed off your bucket list? And if it applies, what the hell were you thinking then?

No comments: