Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm So Glad Michelle Obama Isn't My Mom

There was an interview with Michelle in one of the Sunday paper inserts this week and I definitely feel sorry for our president's kids. First, mom has taken up the cause of childhood obesity, so I imagine there's not much junk food floating around The White House and second, she doesn't let the kids watch TV on school nights!

Yikes!

I hope those two kids are into sports or have a really early bedtime.

I don't watch a huge amount of TV and I didn't as a kid except on Friday night, but to say NO TV! That's kind of harsh. Not even iCarly? Or cartoons?

But what can we expect from the woman who made the Easter Egg hunt healthier.

BAH!

But that could send me spiraling into the I wish the government would let me be as fat as I want rant.

That said...I'm still glad Mrs. Obama isn't my mama!

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

From where I sit, Michelle Obama is a pretty cool mom. Besides, when one stops to consider the places Malia and Sasha have visited and the people they've met, no sweets/no TV on school nights is nothing.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

They aren't meeting them because of their real cool mom though..they're meeting those people and going those places because their Dad is the leader of the free world.