Monday, May 17, 2010

One Life To Live FAIL

I was at the Ford Dealer today waiting for some final paperwork to be completed and for them to check my Airbag system, which went wonky on me, so I had the afternoon to watch the soaps.

Not by choice, mind you. I am not a fan of any daytime dramas like this, at least not since Passions went off the air.

Today was full of FAIL on One Life To Live. It was the Llanview's Prom and its a MUSICAL EVENT.

Oh yeah, One Life To Live has gone High School Musical on the housewives of America and the end results are not pretty or easy on the ears. There's not a member of the cast that can really sing I don't care what the producer of the show thinks

It started out with a slaughter of the Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling and it just went downhill from there. They even did a horrid duet-ish version of Cher's If I Could Turn Back Time.

It was painful, I tell you and yet I remained glued to the TV set, like it was something important. It was so bad, it almost had me laughing, because these people were getting paid good money to murder these songs. Its not like this was a try out for American Idol, though I bet Simon would have some interesting things to say about the way they performed.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'll be hunting down tomorrow's epi so I can see the whole thing in its infinite badness

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

I don't watch OLTL as much as I used to... I wish had caught this just to see how bad it was. It was probably as bad or worse as when they did "Prom Night: The Musical" a few years ago to cash in on "High School Musical" fever.