Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Hate When This Happens


ABC has a few shows coming out tomorrow and one is The Gates. From what I've been hearing its kind of a cross between Desperate Housewives and The Vampire Dairies.

OK, that's fine with me.

I can go for a little fluff tv in the summer. Actually I can go for fluff tv anytime. I just hate when the shows get reviewed before they air.

Why should shows be panned before they even air? Shouldn't the viewing public have a chance to decide whether we like something or not?

Plus the poor show is on Sunday nights at 10 o'clock!

Who watches TV then?

I mean why can't we have some cheesy network TV? Why do all the shows have to be about cops/lawyers/doctors or rich women getting laid?

This show will likely have the women and men getting laid, but it will have some bite too! Yay vampires! And even bigger yay if these creatures of the night don't fucking sparkle!!!! Barnabas Collins didn't sparkle and he was way cooler than Edward Cullen.

Let's hope the show is better than the media is making it out to be. I need some vampires in my life that aren't teenagers!!!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I don't know, it seems like it's cashing in on the vampire craze.

And Scoundrels looks like a sort of Riches rip-off to me. Just sayin'.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Did you watch them? Both were cute. Everyone is cashing in on something at this point and lord knows that nothing coming up in the fall is really new or original. I mean...Law and Order LA. Yay just what we need.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Actually coming in to add, other than the family being con artists...no it's nothing like The Riches. But you could also in a roundabout way, say that The Mentalist is a rip off of Psych.

Janelle said...

True. From what I've seen Scoundrels doesn't look completely the same as The Riches, but it definitely reminded me of it. I didn't think of any similarities until a good while after the promos had already been on, either, & I don't even remember what made me think of it.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Well they are con artists that try to go clean so I can see the similarity there. Both shows are amusing though I doubt either will last because of that. The Gates is kinda Dark Shadows and Passions-y.

Its been accused of beign Twilight lite, but other than Vampires and Werewolves, I don't see it. That would make Being Human somewhat similar. Plus its better than watching Disney or reruns all Sunday :)