Thursday, June 24, 2010

Robert Pattinson Cousin Of Dracula

There are some things that really make me shake my head. This is one of them. I logged into my home page and this was the article in one of the headlines

Robert Pattinson and Dracula are distant relatives

Genealogists actually spent time researching his family tree to discover he was related VERY DISTANTLY to Vlad The Impaler.

I'm sure Vlad would be thrilled to know that this half-assed actor who plays a freaking sparkly vampire to make his millions is somewhat related.

He'd probably bite his neck and have done with it. You know how creatures of the night should act.

I really wish Robert would have done some major acting before this film, because I don't know that I could ever look at him and not think of him as Edward from the books that dislike almost as much as I dislike V. C. Andrews.

Oh and not to worry, Stephanie Meyer is related too. I'm pretty sure there's something incestuous about all of this!

Do people have anything better to do with their time?

I wonder if Tom Cruise is related as well, after all he played Lestat (albeit badly), but at least that was a REAL vampire and not any of that sparkly crap.

5 comments:

Molly Bandit said...

Aw man, and outside of Twilight his acting is even stiffer. You ever see clips from that Nicholas Sparks movie? I imagine it's like directing a slinky.

My mom is a VC Andrews fan. I really don't understand the appeal at all.

Anonymous said...

Robert Pattinson is ridiculous. I used to love the books (every girl needs a guilty pleasure!) but him being in the movies (and everyone else in the movies, the shitty directing, the lame music, the teeny-bopper fangirls, etc) pretty much killed it for me. I only see them so I know what I'm talking about when I mock them.

VC Andrews (though she didn't written 95% of her books because she kinda sorta died like 20 years ago) is another guilty pleasure of mine, though I don't understand why. I think I'm just drawn to fucked-up stories XD

The Mistress of the Dark said...

LOL @ you Eliza. I read most of Andrews books..the ones she actually wrote when I was in junior high. I gobbled them up..but after the Heaven series, I gave them up because the plots all seemed too much the same. I'll give her credit though, the stories were fucked up, but the lady could write...I won't touch the new ones because the writing isn't her.

Unknown said...

Great post! I certainly agree with the question and statement, 'Do people have anything better to do with their time?' Apparently not, when it comes to this guy, or any celebrity overloaded in the media.

Janelle said...

I don't think Robert's acting is that terrible. Then again, that might be because I focus most of my attention on how terrible Kristen Stewart is.

Does Stephenie Meyer know who Vlad the Impaler is? I'm just wondering. I mean, she doesn't watch rated R movies, & even though our good friend Vlad's was a real person, I can't imagine her being too familiar. Which is embarrassing when you write about vampires.