Friday, March 5, 2010

All For The Love Of Coffee

When Waldenbooks was still in existence my family had one of their discount cards, mostly because they got it from Cole's which gave senior citizens their card for free. Well now all the major booksellers seem to have them but they cost $25.

You have to buy a lot of books to make that $25 worth spending.

HOWEVER.

All the big Barnes and Noble stores now have Starbucks as part of their cafes. Well that makes spending that $25 a whole lot better. I mean how can I turn down a discount on coffee and books?

The funny thing is, when Starbucks was selling the VIP cards last year, I didn't buy one. So its not just the added discount there that sold me on this expensive discount card. It was the combination of the two or maybe its the fact that I always buy coffee when I'm at Barnes and Noble. It also gives me added incentive to buy a book when I'm in the store, because without that discount Barnes and Noble is entirely too expensive in comparison to most online book retailers, and hey, online book stores don't offer coffee!

2 comments:

Molly Bandit said...

and hey, online book stores don't offer coffee!

Amazon does, you just have to brew it yourself =P lol

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Yeah but that's no fun at all. I might add I love instant gratification too :P