Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Some New Music

If you're looking for something new to listen to that's acoustic, awesome, & has killer lines, definitely look into Justin Oliver.

I really don't know how to describe his music. It kind of has a little bit of everything, maybe something for everyone. Sometimes he reminds me of Sufjan Stevens, sometimes he reminds me of Citizen Cope, & sometimes I can't think of a single artist to compare him to. It all depends on the song - and they're all pretty great. From the fast & catchy to the slow yet melodic. Not a bad thing about him.

Lyrically, his songs tend to be easy to relate to, but he also has some lines that stand out simply because they're so poetic & well-written. Sometimes, it's like listening to your life story being sung to you by someone who's never met you, & who is way better with words than you.

I can't stress how much I love this guy, & how much I think you will, too.

Check out Justin Oliver's MySpace. Every song on there is worth listening to. The actual album, For Rose, can be found on his label, Modern Short Stories.

No comments: