Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Moviegasm! ...and MovieUlcer (aka Fuck Kristen Stewart)

So for the first time in awhile, I'm excited for a slew of movies coming out soon, and I even have a backlog at this point! I still haven't seen Shutter Island, mostly because of the god-awful winter that seems to finally be on its death rattle. I'm also super pumped for Kick-Ass. There's also a couple of budget-busters like Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3.

But on the flipside of that, there's also one movie I'm dreading, and that's the Runaways biopic. Like any good former punk rocker, I've had a shrine to Joan Jett since I was old enough to pick up a bass and shoplift nail polish. Goodness knows that I've set the bar pretty high on that role, so nobody would be perfect.

Nobody would be perfect, but you know who would be my absolute last choice? Kristen fucking Stewart. While I'm far from a fan of the series, I don't take the malevolent glee that some folks do in hating Twilight. It wouldn't be a blip on my radar, to be honest, if it weren't for her. But God help me if that women isn't like nails on a chalk board to me. Just thinking about her makes me grit my teeth (yes, even as I'm writing this sentence!)

Her laugh. Her walk. Her making fun of her own fans. Her "are they or aren't they" tabloid bullshit with Sparkly McDracula, which has to be the most boring whitebread speculated fake couple ever. Her way of trying to make terribly mundane things sound important in interviews (direct quote: "I do want to work on writing, because writing's a skill.") Throw in a few dumb-ass personal reasons, and the girl is my Kryptonite. I'll be watching a perfectly nice and mindless news entertainment show, and suddenly she'll show up and ruin it.

So fuck it if I wasn't almost in tears when I first found out she'd been picked for Joan Jett. A movie I was a little iffy about sudden became a nerve-racking yet necessary upcoming movie release that feels like a cross between an unpleasant family reunion and emergency dental surgery.

Trust me, I'm still going to watch that movie. But aslkjfkdlofsdf if I'm not going to stab some shit first.

(and yes, I did try to follow my own advice. About my only think to latch onto is that she might turn a new generation of girls onto Joan Jett, which Joan Jett could've done just fine on her own, but if that happens, then I'll tone my fury down from "stabbing shit" to "furious eye darts." )

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I can't wait to see Kick Ass. And I can't see Stewart as Jett. Nope..just can't that movie is probably going to be painful to watch.

Janelle said...

Kristen is the only thing that made me lose interest in The Runaways. I'll still see it, but shit, even Dakota Fanning didn't have me concerned. I have heard great things about Kristen in this, though, which is hard to believe. Her acting tends to leave a lot to be desired. And I find her painfully boring.