Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dancing With The Stars

I admit that every so often I tune into this show for a few minutes, usually right before Castle comes on.

I think of all the reality based competition type shows, this one is the most tolerable, but I think the contestants make the whole thing a bit ridiculous. I'd love to see them assemble a cast of contestants that really had to work for it. I mean there's always the token older person, be it Cloris or Buzz, but then you get some celebrities that actually have some dancing experience.

Plus how can you judge a man or woman in their late 70s or early 80s against men or women in the 20s and 30s?

It doesn't make sense?

Yes, it makes for more interesting viewing, but its hardly fair.

I usually find myself cheering on the underdog. I was actually so surprised when Donnie Osmond won, but I guess a lot of their audience are made up of women in their 40s that grew up with crushes on Donnie, so Yay!

I just wish that all the shows like this would just go away. I want real tv, with real acting, or something close to it and seriously right now TV is crap, since the USA shows are going into hiatus and the new crop aren't starting until next week.

BAH!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I'm a former ballerina, so I love this.

I'm gunning for Evan all the way.