Friday, March 26, 2010

God Save Me From Dieters

I hate listening to people that want to lose weight talk. I hate listening to the gov't telling us how many calories are in our food. Now before you are appalled at that, I'm all for full disclosure of calorie content, but I hate all the hullabaloo that's going with it.

Really? You didn't guess that the triple bacon cheeseburger had about twice the calorie content a normal person should consume in a day? Really? Sometimes I think just looking at the food should give you an idea.

Take The Cheesecake Factory. OMG the food there is so damn good, but it will also make you fat and possibly give you a coronary. There is next to nothing on the menu that sinks below 1000 calories!

Yikes!

But if I'm told someone is taking me out to The Cheesecake Factory, I'm not going to cry and whine and say that I can't go. I'm not passing up such good noms!

But what really gets me about dieters and people that try to shove health conscious eating down our throats is how they seem to think their low calorie concoctions taste good.

Take your egg beaters and splenda and shove them up your butt.

I want food that tastes good. Find some other ways of taking the calories and fat out of my food. I like sugar and I like eggs.

Actually, sometimes I wish the whole support chain, that dieters cling to would evaporate. I know when you are trying to lose you need all the help you can get, but when it takes over your entire life it makes those around you MISERABLE!

On that note...I'm going to eat something fattening.

No comments: