Wednesday, August 25, 2010

99 cent downloads

Why would anyone pay 99 cents to rent a tv show for a day or even two? Especially if the tv rentals work the way iTunes movie rentals work.

You can't share between devices, and erm, just erm.

My main thing is this; why would you want to watch a movie or a tv show on a teeny tiny little screen?

I've done it. It isn't fun and it loses something.

(Yes, I used to watch Doctor Who and Torchwood on my mp3 player when I went to the gym.) I couldn't fathom, just loading up a tv show to watch on my device, just as I can't imagine watching much telly or a film on my computer, but that's another story. Buy me a comfy chair and get rid of facebook, and I'd be glued to the screen for eternity.

But back to iTunes; why would you pay for a rental when there are so many sites that you can view shows on after they air. Unless, iTunes is going to go all TVLand and offer old stuff, like The Monkees, The Brady Bunch etc, I don't see much of a point.

Seriously people, HULU! Or the stations website!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Not to mention less-than-legal methods.