Monday, August 16, 2010

Nook In Review

Barnes and Noble NOOK eBook Reader (WiFi only)
I bought my eReader yesterday and I wanted to share my review of the product so far.

The Nook from Barnes and Noble is pretty much like the other eReaders out there. I like this one because it was reasonable and not on a waiting list.

Sorry Kindle.

The reviews have been out on both products and for the most part, both of them are excellent products, so I'm not going to slam Kindle, other than to say, stop trying to go all Apple on us. Make enough of the product, damn it!

As for the Nook, it is very easy to use. It has several font sizes to chose from and the screen looks just like the page out of the book. Plus you can play audio files and mp3 on the device and chess! My bet is Nook kicks my butt on that score.

I bought the wifi only version because I'll be transferring purchases from other sites more than I'll be buying from Barnes and Noble. Mostly because I really like print books. But who knows, mp3s have seduced me, so that may change.

The only thing I found annoying was in the instructions. It didn't tell you how to transfer existing ebooks from your computer to the device. WTF. I was kind of surprised it didn't come with software etc. But after poking around on the net for about 2 minutes, I found what I was looking for and voila, my ebooks are now on my nook! Woo hoo!

So if you are looking for a awesome device that has multiple functions, this is definitely one for you. If you have any ?s about the device feel free to ask, and I'll try to help you.

No comments: