Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's A Burgh Thing

The other night I got a text from The River House Cafe. They had a special on their Pierogi Pizza.

I'm sure some of you are wondering just what that is.

It is a pizza shell covered in mashed potatoes (in this case garlic mashed potatoes) onions and a blend of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.  The end result is absolutely yummilicious.

I know a lot of my friends from areas like New York and Chicago scoff at pizza that isn't made the traditional way. To them, I say, "You don't know what you are missing."

Pizza that is just sauce, cheese and pepperoni can get pretty boring.

That's why pierogi pizza kicks some serious butt. If you are in the burgh, hunt down a local pizza shop and see if they make this. It is definitely worth trying and if you happen to be in my little hamlet of Charleroi On Mon, go to the River House Cafe and order this (or any of their other pizzas) and be prepared to feel your taste buds do the happy dance. Cos this is some good stuff!

No comments: