Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Favorite New Comedy: The Middle

My Favorite New Comedy: The Middle

I'm sorry guys but I haven't drunk the Glee Kool-aid. I tried but it gives me indigestion.

I'm a fan of the sitcom. Good sitcoms. Sitcoms that aren't about a 40 year old skinny bitch trying to get laid. Oops was I talking about Cougar Town? I think I was.

No my favorite show next to Big Bang Theory is the new comedy starring Patricia Heaton, The Middle.

Why do I like it? It feels real while still being funny, kinda like Roseanne was for the longest time. These people could be your crazy ass neighbors. They are dysfunctional to say the least. Perhaps saying they were fucked up would be the best description. After all, the youngest child's best friend is his backpack and he whisper repeats the ends of his sentences.

Yup. They are weird.

That's why I like them. They make my rather screwed up family look, dare I say it, NORMAL!

Another plus is that they don't ugly up, or prettify the characters. The kids look like normal kids. Sue Heck has braces, Axl (yes he was named after the lead singer in GNR) doesn't like to get dressed and Brick, well, I already told you about Brick.

Its so nice to see a family sitcom that isn't totally ridiculous and unrealistic or about a bunch of horny friends trying to get laid. I hope this show lasts for awhile. Its pretty damn funny.

Watch clips and get more info about the show here.

No comments: