Monday, October 12, 2009

Tubesday Top 3: Music Video Edition

Tubesday Top 3: Music Video Edition

Happy Tubesday! This week there's a little change in format, as I had to go to another video site to escape YouTube's militant music policing and bring you some of my favorite music videos of all time. Remember those? The mini-movies that used to promote bands before ringtones were invented? (or at least, when ringtones were MIDIs of "Flight of the Bumblebees") In fond memory of those times, when even the "super too-cool-for-you" kids could find something they liked on M2, here are some of my faves.

First up is one of my favorite bands since my be-pimpled middle school years, Squirrel Nut Zippers. I finally got to see them in concert last night, and it reminded me of this video. Horn section plus morbid humor, and wait, is that a cameo at the very end of a certain Bandit idol?



Number Two is another of my faves since forever, Harvey Danger. I remember thinking this video was soooo cooool because it had a rave, before I got out of my small town and found out that raves are a bunch of hopped-up hipsters sucking face to bad music.



And you didn't think I'd end this without mentioning Ben Folds, did you? Of course not! To be honest, most of Ben Folds Five's videos were.... what's a nice way to put this? Clusterfucky. They didn't really match the tone of the song (see "Underground") or were kind of hackeyed (see "Brick"). Other than "Kate" (which is fun only if you're into BF5 slash), this is the only video of theirs I really like. But boy does this one work.



Enjoy! Happy...erm... Yahoobesday!

No comments: