Friday, October 30, 2009

So Much For Free

So Much For Free

I remember when you could go to the Hallmark website and find scads of wonderful FREE ecards.

I don't send many cards anymore, its too costly. Sure you can go to the dollar store and get cards 2 for a buck, but they aren't quite what you always want to say to someone.

Plus with ecards you don't have to feel like a dork when you send the card to the person on their birthday. Its going to get to its destination on time!!!

I was really pissed when I went to the site today to get a spiffy ecard for a friend only to find the selection of "free" ecards diminished and a deal for all the ecards you can send in a year for $9.99.

I always loved Hallmark's collection of freebies. Hoops and Yoyo made their rounds to all my friends. In fact, when I spend money on greeting cards, Hallmark usually gets my money. I buy a few Christmas ornaments there too when I can.

To say that I'm disappointed now, is an understatement. I understand that in this economic climate you have to find ways of making money, but surely they didn't have to totally ruin the little freebies.

BOO you suck Hallmark!

So basically I've got a sucky selection or pay $9.99 to get the good ones. I don't send enough ecards in a year to warrant spending that kind of money for a service.

No comments: