Sunday, October 18, 2009

Should I Be Brave

Should I Be Brave?

I get a lot of newsletters for recipes in my email and today there was a recipe that really intrigued me. Its not that its anything hard or really unique, but it just looked so good.

Sassy Fiesta Spaghetti!

1 package (16 oz) spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef (For those vegetarians out there, I bet those Boca or Morningstar Crumbles would work too)
1/4 cup sugar
1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
1 jar (4.5 oz) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
1. Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package; cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet. Add beef to same skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
3. Add onion and bell pepper to beef; mix well. Stir in sugar, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and mushrooms. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

So should I be brave and inflict this on my family?

No comments: