Monday, October 12, 2009

Relaxing?

Relaxing?

I was discussing the fact that my weekends are almost never relaxing on one of my other blogs.

For some reason, even when I have no plans, things go haywire and that weekend of vegetation goes out the window. A lot of it has to do with my living @ home and caring for my two older (I hate the term elderly) parents, both of which can be demanding, but not in a bad way.

All I really want is two days of sitting around, doing nothing but staring at my computer and maybe catching up on some tv and reading. OK, catching up on a lot of tv and reading.

Not much to ask for, but somehow my empty weekends get filled, or worse yet, I feel guilty that I'm not doing something and I find something to do. This is something I do constantly and yet when Sunday evening rolls around, I find myself exhausted and in need of 2 more days off.

Not good when I have limited vacation and no paid sick days.

I don't know why I can't get any peace and quiet of my own. It really shouldn't be that hard.

If I had the funds, I'd take all my books and my laptop to one of the motels that are close and I'd just forget about the world around me.

Good dream isn't it?

How do you guys manage to get relaxed? What do you like to do when you are relaxing?

No comments: