Saturday, October 10, 2009

This Pisses Me Off

This Pisses Me Off

Upon looking at this, you may think you are seeing a copy of Duran Duran's Rio album that was released back in 1982.

If you think that is what it is, well, you're wrong.

No this is the Collector's Edition of that same album

OMGWTFBBQ!

The album has been expanded to two discs now of demos, b-sides and remixes. Look here for the full tracklisting.

Thanks guys!

This is the 2nd time this album has been repacked in less than 10 years. Now don't get me wrong, I like Rio, but wouldn't it be great if the guys or rather the music industry would stop repackaging old music in hopes that we'll keep buying the same albums over and over again and maybe do something different.

If the guys have enough material for a bonus disc on this album, how about a b-sides and rarities boxset? I know there are still plenty of Duranies out there that would shell out the money for that. I know I probably would. More fool me.

Enough is enough.

No comments: