Thursday, November 19, 2009

2 Beers You Must Try

2 Beers You Must Try

It wasn't until I discovered a place called Barley & Hops in the South Hills part of Pittsburgh that I truly found a love of beer.

I'm not a fan of regular brews like I.C. Light, Rolling Rock, Coors or Bud. Me. I'm a microbrew kind of girl. Sure I like Corona and Fosters, but the stuff I really love is the unique flavors, like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or the Blackberry Witbier, but let me introduce you to two beers that are unlike any beer you might ever come across.

O'Fallon's Cherry Chocolate Beer, which is like nothing you've ever tasted before. When you drink from a glass you can smell the chocolate in the beer. Its a darker brew, but its not bitter like most darjer beers and it also doesn't carry a huge price tag like many brews from the smaller breweries. At Barley and Hops, this bottle sold for $3.75 and let me tell you it was worth every last penny.

I wish I had know about this company. I would have headed to South Hills last month in hopes of getting the Pumpkin beer. Check out the website to learn more about the special beers O'Fallon's makes.

If you ask me what my favorite beer is, Framboise Lambic would be the answer. It tastes nothing like beer and though the framboise (raspberry) is my favorite it comes in a few other mouthwatering flavors.

The best lambic I've had is made by Lindeman's though lambic is starting to show up in breweries here in the US. Sam Adams makes a cranberry lambic that I hope to sample soon.

Lambic is known as the champagne of beers. It even masquerades as one. It has a beer bottle top but beneath is a cork!

If you aren't a huge fan of beer, these are two drinks you definitely want to try. If you are a fan of beer, try these because they are awesome and you need to expand your palate.

No comments: