Monday, November 9, 2009


Song Review: Willow Brocke - Driving Into Winter

Willow Brocke’s Driving Into Winter is a song that you must hear now. It is the perfect song to listen to when you are cuddling up to your significant other on a cold night. Willow’s vocals are smooth and lush, very reminiscent of Basia.

The lyrics beautifully illustrate travel in a snow storm and somehow make it seem like a sexy thing instead of the incredible frustrating and often terrifying experience that it actually is. I think many of us have driven in bad winter weather, so that the full meaning of the lyrics “Up ahead tail-lights glow red. And so I follow. Common sense said: Stay in bed.”

This is probably the song that everyone should play when they are “Driving Into Winter.” The song is so soothing that the insanity of driving on a snow covered icy road might just be diminished a few notches. I know I’m going to be putting this song on a CD for my winter travels, because I’ll want Willow’s beautiful voice keeping me from the road rage. Even if I'm not driving, I'll want to listen to this song just to get the beautiful imagery of snow covered roads outside and of a world that just might stop turning long enough to enjoy this lovely song.

You can download the song for free here

No comments: