Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Books That Scare Me

Books That Scare Me

My weekly emails from Books-A-Million are starting to scare me.

Why?

Because some very creepy people have books coming out. People that have no business writing books. You know like Mike Huckabee. I don't want to read politicians life stories or what they have to say, particularly if they are relgious wingnuts or ex-governors who just happened to be the worst choice as a vice-presidential candidate the country has ever seen. Sure, Ms. Palin is pretty, but I question how well the grey matter inside her head functions.

I'll give Mike Huckabee credit though, politics isn't part of his book which a collection of stories about his Christmases past, with a few reminders, I'm sure, of what Christmas is really about.

You guys do know what Christmas is really about don't you?

I'm just not sure that we need a politican reminding us that Christmas is about more spritual things and family than it is about who gets the biggest and best presents, or who spends the most money. Especially one that has just come off of a failed campaign and probably needs to regroup his funds. If this book had come out two years ago or maybe 3 years from now, I would say it would be worth a shot, but then again, in 3 years would we even remember who Mike Huckabee is?

That said, if you are going to read a book by a politican this year..I'd say go for this one, if the subject matter strikes your fancy. This is a book that goes more along the lines of heartwarming coffee table books that will give you warm fuzzies and not crazy political ramblings or me me me, I'm wondeful me-ness.

Now for the Must To Avoid Book of the year.

Sarah Palin's Going Rogue.


Dear God! Why Why Why! And Why why why! would anyone want to read this?

I think a more apt title might be Going Batshit Insane. Or How I Destroyed The Republican Party In 5 Easy Steps. Actually she didn't do that they were well on their way to destroying themselves long before McCain picked her up as a the Veep candidate.

But really? An American Life? Isn't it bad enough Miley Cyrus has written a book already, do we need to add more books from wingnuts that don't know how to write? Couldn't some of them just go away? Far far away?

What scares me the most is that Sarah's book will probably sell millions of copies, and I can't fathom why?

So ladies, are you planing to read these books or avoid them like the plague, like I am? Have you ever read a book by a politican?

Oh and on a crazy happy note..

I can't wait to buy this even if it sucks

No comments: