Friday, November 27, 2009

Life Without Monk


Life Without Monk

For the better part of the last 8 years, I've been a fan of the tv series Monk. Next week will see the end of the series and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with not being able to settle down to Monk on Friday nights.

It just doesn't feel right.

I'm not ready to let Adrian Monk out of my life. Eight years is not long enough. Other shows that weren't nearly as good have longer runs, you know like Friends. OMG I freaking HATED that show and every character on it. Law & Order has been on 20 years, which for me is twenty years too long.

Yet Monk calls it quits after only 8.

I hope the writers do the characters justice. I hope that they don't pull an Uncle Rusty and destroy the integrity of the show in the last episode. I mean if there was a Sex In The City movie and all those Mr. Bean films, why not a Monk movie some years down the line?

A girl can dream right?

Either way, I want to take the time to really thank USA Network and Tony Shalhoub and all the wonderful cast that made up the show, for all the laughs and fun over the last 8 years. What a fabulous show! I will miss it more than anyone can imagine!

Farewell Monk!

No comments: