Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Love The New Moon Soundtrack


I Love The New Moon Soundtrack

Let me say first, that I hate the Twilight books and I have no desire whatsoever to see any of the films.

That said, the soundtrack for New Moon is probably one of the best soundtracks out there.

I just heard it for the first time today, because my best friend, is a Twilight junkie. There's no saving her, she's too far gone.

I wasn't all that keen on the first films soundtrack, but this one is really great, especially the Death Cab For Cutie song, Meet Me On The Equinox. I have a love/hate relationship with Death Cab, but this song is more the sound that I like. (Kind of a a post modern Pet Shop Boys sound) I can listen to this song over and over.

I also really love the Bon Iver/St Vincent song, Roslyn. Its just so pretty.

There's really not a bad song on the album and the flow of the tracks is perfect. Its not a mish mash of songs tossed on a record to score a hit. These songs belong together. I don't think I can come up with another soundtrack as well put together as this one.

In fact, it's opened my eyes to some bands I probably would never have listened to if not for the fact that I had no choice but to listen to this album today. So yeah, I think I like OK Go now, I think I may also like Muse and a few of the female singers that I've never heard of, that appear on this album.

So, even if you don't like the books and movies, you might want to check out this soundtrack, because it really is full of awesomesauce!

No comments: