Monday, November 9, 2009

A (Kind Of) Guilty Pleasure: Ghost Adventures

A (Kind Of) Guilty Pleasure: Ghost Adventures

I've always been a sucker for horror, even when I was a little kid. I was watching SciFi (I refuse to call it SyFy, it's dumb) in elementary school. So it's no surprise that the Travel Channel continuously sucks me into their ghost hunting shows. First, Most Haunted was a weekly ritual with my brother & I. Now, Ghost Adventures is an all-out family affair. Partly because my dad's a skeptic for the most ridiculous of reasons & it's become a family hobby to argue whether or not ghosts are real, but that's not the point.

With paranormal shows like this, the great debate is always whether or not it's real. But I feel like with Ghost Adventures (yeah, the title is pretty cheesy), that doesn't matter quite as much. I'm entertained by just the guys themselves, with the way they interact with each other, scare themselves, & practically verbally abuse the potentially undead. I love it. Don't get me wrong, though, the paranormal is a legitimate interest of mine & is the primary reason I tune in.

Plus, I totally have a crush on Zak Bagans. I admit it. Even though night vision isn't particularly flattering for anyone.

And for I'm a total X-Files nerd, & Dean Haglund, AKA 1/3 of the Lone Gunmen, hosted the Halloween special. Awesome by default.

No comments: