Monday, November 30, 2009

Andouille and Potato Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cups chopped onions
  • 1 pound Andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 2 pounds white potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1 gallon chicken stock
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley

Directions

In a large pot, over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the sausage and continue to saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and herbs. Add the potatoes and stock. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer the soup for 30 minutes. Add chopped parsley and season the soup with salt and pepper

I cut this recipe in half since I was only making it for my husband and me. I also added some heavy cream and corn at the end. The sausage gives it a ton of flavor and it was really good. My husband said I could "add it to the rotation", translated means "two thumbs up". I don't usually use Emeril's recipes as he uses a lot of ingredients, but this one was very simple. Here is the link in case you would like it: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/andouille-and-potato-soup-recipe/index.html

No comments: