Monday, November 16, 2009

Pittsburgh Area Bands: The Switch Kids

Pittsburgh Area Bands: The Switch Kids

We like our pop rock in Pittsburgh. I don't know why. But the good thing about that is we do it well. Today, I'm highlighting The Switch Kids. Formerly known just as The Switch, which I liked better. But whatever. It's all about the music, right? I was reminded of them because of the fact that every time I ride in my brother's car & we listen to his iPod, their song "Radio Reminder" almost always come up on shuffle.

They're fun, fast, & catchy. I hadn't listened to them in a while, but my brother's iPod left me wanting more. They're good times. They make me want to dance (that said, I think I'm the only girl that wants & tries to dance to rock music). There's not much else that can be said without being redundant & wordy, although songs like "Life Under the Big Top" are heavier, longer, & a slight departure from the usual but are very well-done.

Fun fact: lead singer Rob met Conan O'Brien when he came through Pittsburgh promoting The Tonight Show.

They also put on a killer live show, when I saw them ages ago. They know how to work a crowd. And they gave me one of the most memorable concert experiences I ever had by covering the Full House theme song. As if that wasn't entertaining enough, almost every single person in the Rex Theater on the South Side that night was dancing & singing along, too.

The Switch Kids on MySpace.

Everything is good, although "Wait a Minute" is a personal favorite. Nostalgia.

And the song my brother's iPod is obsessed with? It's not on the MySpace, but it's called "Radio Reminder," from when they were still The Switch. Definitely worth a listen if you can find it.

No comments: