Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pardon Me While I Ponder This


Pardon Me While I Ponder This

My John Barrowman rant got me thinking about what the freaking hell is so great about the video for Single Ladies?

After watching it, I decided, its not because its great. In fact, the video is lousy. And that has to be the reason its inspired everyone and possibly their grandmother to do stupid parodies.

The song however is an earworm of the worst kind.

One listen and you'll be singing the damn chorus for days.

Its got that groove that reminds me of Whitney Houston's first 2 albums when she was singing really catchy dance pop and that she's tried to recreate with songs like Million Dollar Bill on her new album.

One thing I'll say for Beyonce, is that considering she's a Diva in her own right, she hasn't gone the way of Whitney and Celine, which caused them to lose their pop edge for awhile. And let's face it, even Celine was good when she was singing pop and not wailing like banshee and beating the hell out of her chest.

Beyonce at least keeps it real and I'll give her credit for that. Now if only she'd stop acting...all would be well in the world

No comments: