Saturday, February 13, 2010

John Barrowman: I Love To Hate You!!


Its funny how whenever JB is on, I'm called into the room. I have an odd fascination with this man. At times I love him. I love that he's totally out an not ashamed of it one iota. I love his campy nature and the general fact that I think he's method acting Jack Harkness, or that he's played Captain Jack so long that he's become Captain Jack and will in fact snog anything that moves.

Pardon me, while I try to get in this man's line of fire. Gay or not...if he wants to bestow some hugging or kissing on me, I would be the last one to complain. I mean, really, who would complain. He's John Barrowman and he's so gorgeous that its sickening.

But back to the story at hand. Last night on BBC America, JB was on the Jonathan Ross show. That in itself means something. He has something to promote. Sure he mentioned that he has a part on Desperate Housewives coming up in about a month and a half. Cos JB would get on American TV before David Tennant. Curse you John Barrowman! I miss my Doctor!!!

I digressed again.

What does our lovely John John have to sell to those in the UK?

A new album.

Oh yeah. He's singing again. At least they are songs from musicals for the most part and not pop songs, cos that hurts me. That's truly what I hate about him. I loved him to death until I heard him sing, but back to his new self titled album.

Here's the tracklisting:

When I Get My Name In Lights (from The Boy from Oz)
One Night Only (from Dreamgirls)
Copacabana (from Copacabana)
I Won’t Send Roses (from Mack and Mabel)
Memory (from Cats)
The Kid Inside (from Is There Life After High School?)
My Eyes Adored You (from Jersey Boys)
Don't Cry Out Loud (from The Boy From Oz)
So Close (from Enchanted) duet with Jodie Prenger
Unusual Way (from Nine)
You’ll Never Walk Alone (from Carousel)
The Winner Takes It All (from Mamma Mia!)
Oh What A Night (from Jersey Boys)


Yes, you see it, Copacabana is on there. When I watched the show last night and JB performed that I joked that it was the gayest song ever recorded sung by the gayest man on the planet. A perfect combination really and he sings it wonderfully. I just wish he wouldn't do the stuff from Jersey Boys. I guess I'm a purist..and he doesn't have a voice for Frankie Valli tunes.

Guess I'll be pre-ordering this expensive puppy soon. Cos I'm a glutton for punishment.

4 comments:

Molly Bandit said...

The first time I glanced over that list, I thought I saw "One Night In Bangkok." Then you would've really flipped, lol.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I think that would have killed me in an OMG that would be so good yet oh so bad.

Janelle said...

I've always liked him...mostly. I'm intrigued enough to listen, but the Jersey Boys is worrying.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Amazon UK has clips. Memory is pretty. Copa is as you expect it. The two from Jersey Boys make me want to hurt him. I think I would love him if only he would pick some better songs. Of course all these pop song musicals don't help matters.