Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Strangely Refreshing Cover Song

I recently obtained a copy of the soundtrack for the new chick flick, Valentine's Day. I was really intrigued by some of the songs on the album. Some where very good and others were creepy.

I'm sorry, Amy Wine "O" house's cover of Cupid, hurts my ears. I'm a Motown purist and what she did to that song would have Sam Cooke rolling over in his grave and it would offend The Spinners too.

But lets not discuss the bad and ugly, let's talk about one really strangely awesome cover on the album. The Bird and The Bee covered the Herman's Hermits classic I'm Into Something Good.

I have a love and hate relationship with cover songs, as many of you know, but this one really made me smile. You can listen to it @ YouTube. I think Peter Noone would be suitably impressed.

No comments: