Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mimo


First of all, let me be the first to tell you that I hate how release dates are different for music depending on the country. My thoughts are, if you are internationally known the release date should be the same, give or take a day, not weeks or months different.

Why is Mimo upsetting me?

Who the fuck is Mimo?

Mimo is Andy Bell.

Yes, Andy Bell of Erasure, my favorite gay boy of all time. He's also the gay boy with the best voice. (Sorry Mr. Barrowman, Andy trumps you every time) Andy wanted to put out some music under a pseudonym, so as not to get the "its Erasure without Vince" thing thrown at him again. However, one listen, and you know its Andy. His voice is that distinctive. So whatever, Mr. Bell. And after further reading there's an artist using that name already...so when the full length album comes out later this year, it will be as Andy Bell. Tres confusing, yes?

But back to my rant, Mimo has a new single out today in the UK.

When can we expect to get the single in the US.

MARCH!

I'm going to be sulking now until I can find a copy of the EP, which may be until March.

Grrr

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Damn it.

I don't blame him for trying to distance himself a little bit, though. Even if it won't make much difference.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

So far I'm only finding one really nasty remix. I'm still looking.

Jenna said...

I went through the same thing with the last Stereophonics album. It came out there one October and here six months later. Frustrating!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Keri Noble's second album was released in Oct in Japan and then in March in the US. That pissed me off royally.