Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy

Its been awhile since anyone's done an episode of happiness. I think its because of the lousy weather. It sucks the happy right out of ya!

1. Free books: I've admitted to being a Harlequin romance whore. I love the things, but what I love the contests the authors have on the website. In the last year I've won at least 10 books! Anything that's free makes me happy.

2. Good coffee: I don't know when I became a coffee-aholic, but I am. Not the regular stuff though, I like Lattes and cappuccinos and mochas. I never realized until yesterday that our Get-Go gas stations have crazy awesome white chocolate cappuccinos cheap! You can get a 24 oz cup for about 2 bucks!

BTW my Starbucks recommendation: White Chocolate Mocha with a shot of raspberry!!

3. USA Network: I'm still sad about Monk ending, but Psych, White Collar and Burn Notice are great shows and In Plain Sight is coming back in a month or so.

4. Doctor Who: I'm a sci fi geek, a closet one. I'm not sure how I feel about 11, aka Doogie Who-ser or Intern Who, but I'm willing to give him a shot, because I love Steven Moffat's writing and the episodes have to be awesome.

5. Cheesy romantic comedies. I believe I mentioned this in my review of The Ugly Truth. I love these things, especially Music and Lyrics and Chocolat.

Now it's your turn. What makes you happy right now?

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Has USA ever made a bad show?

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Yes, The Starter Wife. Its one of their only shows ever to run 1 season. It should have stopped with the mini-series

Liz Fielding said...

Have you checked out the Here Come the Grooms contest -- three books to win -- at http://www.lizfielding.com