Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blog roll!

Blog Roll!

Today's post highlights the blogs I read on a regular basis (other than this one, of course)

Feministing and Feministe take on news stories and pop culture with a feminist edge. I like both blogs because they have a team of bloggers which give you different perspectives, sometimes on the same story (contrary to popular belief, there's not just one monolithic scary no-fun feminazi philosophy).

Spectrum Beach is a blog I found via Feministe, written by a single mom raising a grade schooler and a seventh grader with autism. The unbelievable amount of bs she has to go through with her son's school system is frustrating, but it's also inspirational to find someone that dedicated to her kid. Doesn't hurt that it's injected with heavy doses of wit.

Not Always Right
is my crack. I've worked some form of customer service a good chunk of my life, so I can relate to the stories of crazy, weird, and horrible customers. For the rest of the world, read this blog daily and learn how not to act. (Here's one of my favorite stories from the site to give you an example.)

Neatorama is what would happen if my brain was constantly rss'd. It seeks out the neatest things on the web, from quirky news stories to cool new products. Most of it defies category, like a Super Mario manicure.

Enjoy! If you have a cool blog you think I'd dig, then post a link in the comments.

No comments: