Thursday, September 3, 2009

Introductions are in order...

Introductions are in order...

Hello, fellow wenches! I'm Molly, the new blogger on the block. I figured introductions were in order, so here you go.

I'm a recent college grad, a pop-culture junky, and a huge movie fan. I made independent films with my husband under the banner Apartment 2B Films. I'm super into b movies, from 50s giant-bugs-eating-cities drive-in flicks to 70s grindhouse and 80s cheesmo horror.

I'm also a bit of a music nerd, starting from my wee child years but blossoming in my hideous punk rock teenagerdom. I have a fairly large obsession with Ben Folds and love 70s rock and 80s alternative. I still have a soft spot for the music of my youth (90s pop punk and ska). However, most of my love goes out to teenybopper and bubblegum pop. So basically: everything from the Allman Brothers to the Jonas Brothers.

Here are some of the things I will probably be writing about: movies I've watched, music reviews, Appalachia, outsider art, politics, feminism, theology, and puppies. Definitely interested to see the sorts of discussions that will come up from the heavier issues (but also for the puppies - for instance, what's your favorite breed?).

Nice to meet you folks. Have a good weekend, and I'll show up bright and early next week to begin my formal posting duties!

No comments: