Thursday, September 10, 2009

The greatest cupcakes you'll have all year

The greatest cupcakes you'll have all year


Simply Recipes is a great site for dinner ideas. Some of the recipes are more involved, but generally they're easy and they're always delicious. The Chicken with Goat Cheese and Arugula recipe is perhaps the greatest thing ever.

But that's not what I started talking about. Forgive me, I'm easily distracted.

A couple weeks ago, the featured recipe was for Double Vanilla Cupcakes. I am a sucker for cupcakes, and this recipe actually made me salivate. I went home that very night and whipped these up.

It's not a difficult recipe, but it is time consuming. It involves an actual vanilla bean, cutting it open and scraping out the seeds. I didn't even know such a thing could be done, so hey, you learn something new every day, right? You have to steep the seeds in milk, and the batter comes in three parts and I just kept thinking, "Dude. This had better be worth it."



And oh my goodness, was it. They are perfection. The cupcakes are moist, the frosting is just the right amount of sweet, and the vanilla is just heavenly. So if you have a little time on your hands, or a special event to prep for, do make a point to try these. You won't be sorry.

No comments: